0Basket £0.00
AMAZING PRICES! Specialists in moving supplies
READY TO HELP Call 0333 987 4268
FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY!On orders over £100 -  info
Not ready to buy now? Sign up to receive reminders, discount codes and offers

Utility companies

Who do I need to notify that I’m moving?

The most important companies to notify are the people who supply your gas, electricity and water. And don’t forget that you may need to take a meter reading on the day you move out of your old property and the day you move into your new property.

You’ll also need to make a list of other companies that will need your new details. We’ve made a list here to get you started – it’s probably best to contact your internet company early, as it may take time to book in your reconnection.

  • Gas
  • Water
  • Electric
  • Internet
  • Television
  • Doctors
  • Dentist
  • Opticians
  • DVLA
  • HMRC
  • Companies House
  • Council
  • School /Nursery
  • Car / health / home insurance
  • Bank
  • Vet

Which utility companies to notify?

The most common utility companies to notify are your gas company, electric company and the water board. However you should make a list of companies such as HMRC, the DVLA, sky or virgin (for internet and television) and go through the list contacting them one by one and letting them know you are moving address, what date you will be moving out  from your urrent home and what date you will be moving into your new home.

It is worth contacting the internet companies first to arrange disconnection and reconnection in your new home as there may be a back log in appointments.

added to your basket! £

Get a 10% discount!

Or we'll save your basket with a 10% discount and email you the link!